Thursday, June 12, 2014

How Lucky Can One Guy Get???


Dear SoupFriends,

Greetings from the SoupMan!

Well, just how lucky can one guy get? In my case, pretty lucky! And why do I say this you might ask?

Am I lucky because of my great wealth? Well, er, ah, you haven’t seen my checkbook balance lately.

Am I lucky because of my movie star looks? Well, er, ah, Hollywood hasn’t been calling me lately.

Am I lucky because of my enormous intellect? Well, er, ah, no one has compared me to Einstein lately.

The real reason I consider myself lucky is because of other people. Starting with my wife Shana who is absolutely the most amazing woman on the planet; to my staff at the SoupMobile who have a profound love, caring and compassion for the homeless; to the thousands of SoupMobile friends, supporters, volunteers and prayer warriors.

When I started the SoupMobile in 2003 (actually Jesus started it and I assisted) I did not know my wife Shana or any of my current staff or any of the thousands of you out there that support the SoupMobile.
But now I do know you and all I can say is “How lucky can one guy get.” While I may not be rich in financial terms, my life (because of you all) is one of great richness with lots of kindness, joy, peace, love, caring and compassion.

They say we get out of life what we put into it. In my case I think I’ve gotten far more back from you all than I’ve ever given. Yes, I am one lucky guy and I have all of you to thank for it.

One last thing about that lucky thing. How lucky/blessed we all are that Jesus came that ‘we might have life and have it more abundantly.’ So yes, I thank all of you---my wife Shana, my staff, my friends, our SoupMobile supporters--- but most of all I thank Jesus. Because of HIM, I am indeed one lucky guy!!!

May the Lord Bless and Keep You and Yours!

Signed, David Timothy, a.k.a. SoupMan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment